As an Elder law attorney, I advocate for the elderly clients and their loved ones. I handle a wide range of legal matters affecting an older or disabled person, including issues related to health care, long term care planning, guardianship, retirement, Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, and other important matters.
When meeting with Elder clients I focus on their needs which are often different and more specialized than the needs of younger adults. Not only can I handle important financial and estate planning matters, I can also offer advice and counsel on day-to-day issues affecting the actual care of seniors, such as assisted living and life planning.
In addition, I am sensitive to the emotional and physical needs of older or disabled adults, and are therefore able to handle a variety of challenging situations.
How can I help? As an elder law attorney, I can discuss and handle the following:
- Discuss the importance of wills and estate planning, including planning for a minor or adult with special needs, probate proceedings, and other matters.
- Create a durable power of attorney.
- Provide help with health care and planning, including long term care options, patient rights, Medicare, and health care power of attorney.
- Financial representation: financial planning (including durable financial power of attorney), housing opportunities and planning, income, estate, and gift tax matters.
- Guardianship: help with the selection and appointment of a legal guardian.
- Help locate long term care facilities and manage assisted living cost.
- Explain nursing home resident rights and help file nursing home claims.
- Draft a living will or other advance directives, including a durable power of attorney and long term planning documents.